Here are some of my favorite healthy whole food recipes perfect for celebrating Cinco de Mayo. If you ever had the opportunity to visit Taloola Café on a Wednesday night for Nude Food you may remember the Taco Salad. The recipes below are some of the very same used to create that popular dish. Enjoy!
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ cup red onions, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
In a medium size bowl mix together all the ingredients until well mixed.
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
Put avocadoes, green onion, lime zest and juice, jalapeno, salt and chili powder in a bowl and mix well until well incorporated.
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 4 sun dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 1 tablespoon of Tahini
- 1 teaspoon of Braggs Soy Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch cayenne
Process walnuts and sun dried tomatoes in a food processor until they reach the consistency of ground beef. Add the rest of your ingredients and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Serve on top of fresh organic romaine or a bed of organic greens, with Salsa Fresco, Great Guac and Enjoy!