One of my favorite dessert recipes of all time.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almonds
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup Medjool dates pitted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ vanilla bean or 1 tsp of non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- 2 mango, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of blueberries
To make the crust, pulse pumpkin seeds, almonds, salt and olive oil in food processor until mixture becomes a dough like consistency. Slowly add dates and mix into a dough. Cover the bottom of a small pie dish with about ¾ of the cobbler crust and set aside.
To make the syrup, blend the dates, coconut oil, and vanilla, adding enough water as needed to blend into a thick syrupy texture. Set aside.
To make the filling, place sliced mangos and the berries into a large mixing bowl. Toss with the syrup and spoon onto cobbler bottom and then top with remaining crust. Enjoy!
Note: will keep for 2 days in the fridge.